I Am A Teacher

Lately, I have been battling with myself. I am at the threshold of stepping into a very, very busy life. Not that I am in a not so busy life right now. But I would like to give my life full time to God. So in between the lesson planning, learning new songs, preparing materials, cooking, cleaning, laundry, households, GA's, fellowships and everything else in my life - I took a step back and viewed it from another person's point of view. And the battle has not yet been won over. So I will now attempt to convince my other self (the one who saw my life in another person's point of view) and pray that God will back me up on this one.





I am a teacher. I inspire young minds. I affirm, I love, I encourage, I lift up. I wipe tears, snot and all other stuff that comes out of kids. I give hugs, kisses, back rubs and pats. I sing, dance, play, and every other thing a child does. I am second mommy and daddy, nanny, playmate. And at the same time, I also observe, assess and plan.


I am a teacher. And this is how I serve God. I will not be distracted. I practice patience and self-control. I use my words to uplift and encourage. With this, I pray that I am glorifying Him. I am exposed to sickness all the time. I put my own needs last when I am in the classroom (like going to the bathroom). I am constantly denying myself. I pray that this purifies and sanctifies me and that the Lord watch over my health.
I am a teacher. And I do this because I believe that children are a gift from God. They are our future. This is my calling. This is what God wants me to do. My constant prayer is that He guide me and lead me to where I would be able to glorify and serve Him to the fullest of my ability.


When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me'.

Comments

Popular Posts