Chicka, Chicka, Boom, Boom. Look Who's In Our Room

This is our new attendance wall.



The coconut tree is made of green and brown  cartolina (colored tag board) and the coconuts are brown craft foam.
I cut out the beginning letters of each child's name from craft foam 
and glued them onto black paper.




Then I printed out their names with their pictures and laminated them.


I have been exposing the kids to their names and the names of their classmates.
And now, most of them know the beginning letters of their names 
- letter sounds and what it looks like.
Some recognize their names and are able to write some of the letters.

Some recognize even the names of their classmates!


Comments

  1. That is cute. I am an ELL teacher. Most of my kiddos come to me not able to write or recognize their names. We play a lot of name bingo. Once they get familiar with their name they take a card that has their name written on it and they hunt through magazines to cut out the letters in their name. They then make a coconut tree and glue the letters on it. They turn out really cute.

    I am a new follower to your blog. I would love for you to come visit me when you get the chance.


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Hunting letters in magazines is a great idea. I will try this with my kids soon. I now follow your blog too. Thanks Heather.

      Delete
  2. Hi there, I love Chicka, Chicka - we do a big unit on it at the beginning of the year. Then we add peanut butter and alpha bits to a stalk of celery ( they spell their name on the stalk with the alpha bits. ) So fun. I just found you and am your newest follower. :o)
    Vicky
    Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicky, I'm now following your blog and pinboards. Thanks for sharing your idea. I hope I can find alpha bits here in Doha, Qatar. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts